Countdown to Canvas approaching fast
There are less than three months left to get your courses moved from D2L to Canvas, the new learning management system behind Carmen. EHE's Educational Technology (Ed Tech) team has helped faculty and staff move their courses to the new Canvas system since the beginning of August.
The team is offering additional opportunities for you to get a handle on the Canvas platform and prepare for the full Canvas integration during spring semester.
Attend a hands-on session where the EHE Ed Tech team will walk you through the initial stages of building your course in Carmen (Canvas).
CANVAS TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- Tuesday, October 4, 10 a.m. – Noon
- (Autumn Break) Thursday, October 13, 1 - 3 p.m.
- (Autumn Break) Friday, October 14, 10 a.m. – Noon
- Wednesday, October 26, 1 – 3 p.m.
All trainings are held in the EHE College Commons located in 260 Ramseyer Hall.
RSVP FOR THE TRAINING
Space is limited. Please RSVP with the session you want to attend by emailing Sarah Bear at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot today.
- Differentiate when to use pages and when to use files, create content in pages, descriptions and other areas using the Rich Content Editor
- Set up assignments to suit your needs
- Organize pages, files and assignments in Modules
- Manipulate items in course navigation control
- Utilize Student View
- Locate help resources
BEFORE YOU ATTEND
- Watch these three videos online. (Total time: 12:55)
- Create a Canvas shell to use during the workshop, either a Master Course or request a sandbox in Canvas.
- Log into your Carmen (Canvas) course and upload at least 3-6 files and one image to use during the workshop.
DAY OF TRAINING
- Please bring your own laptop. If you need to borrow a device, please contact EHE OIT by phone at 7-TECH (7-8324) to reserve one for your session.
- After the 90-minute hands-on session, the EHE Ed Tech team will remain for an 30 minutes of Q&A.