New Employee Orientation
Welcome to our team in the College of Education and Human Ecology. We are excited to have you. Your contributions will help the college further the lifelong learning and development of society.
It's a hectic time being a new employee and getting acclimated with all you need to know with your position, where everything is and getting your questions answered about payroll, benefits, healthcare and more.
We're here to help. Whatever questions you have, let us know. You can contact us directly at 614.688.7503. The Ohio State University Office of Human Resources also has developed an online new employee orientation to get you settled into your career here in the College of Education and Human Ecology.
Your Welcome Kit
There will be a lot of information thrown your way as you are welcomed into the Ohio State family. Sometimes it may be hard to remember it all. Human Resources will send you emails along the way to remind you, but we'll also keep a list of information here that you can refer back to when you need it.
- my.osu.edu - One of the first tasks you have to do as a new employee is to activate your Ohio State username. At my.osu.edu you'll manage your OSU digital identity: your username, password, email forwarding and more.
- Employee Self-Service - On employee self-service, you'll be able to request leave and other time off, update your personal information, set up direct deposit, view benefits, paycheck and W4 information.
- University Email Service - If you're away from your office but need to check your email or calendar, Ohio State uses the Microsoft Outlook Web App that allows you to check your email remotely.
- Payroll calendars - All pay schedules and calendars for both biweekly and monthly pay dates are available from the Office of the Controller.
- Benefits - There are a number of important deadlines to meet to enroll in the full spectrum of benefits available to you as an Ohio State employee. You don't want to miss these enroll-by dates.
- Traffic and parking - You'll need a parking pass from CampusParc to park your vehicle on campus. There are a number of parking options available to you. The CABS bus system can get you close to where you need on campus no matter where you park. And with real-time information about bus arrivals, you'll always know when to expect your next bus ride.
- BuckID - The official university ID. The office where you'll get your BuckID is in the Ohio Union.
- Ohio State Brand Guidelines - Ohio State's brand is more than a logo. It's the voice used to tell stories. It's the experiences people have with the university. The brand guidelines are the tools used to create those stories and reinforce those experiences. By incorporating these guidelines into your communications you can help strengthen the Ohio State brand.
- University holidays - Ohio State observes 10 holidays per year.
- Setting up your office voicemail - You'll need to call the Office of the Chief Information Officer (614-688-4357) to get a temporary passcode to access your voicemail for the first time.
- Faculty & Staff Fitness Program - An exclusive exercise facility and program available to all OSU employees and their spouses or domestic partners.
- Buckeye Wellness - A health and wellness initiative offering solutions for a healthy life, including tips, workouts, expert advice, and motivation from your OSU peers.