OIT's Web Services team offers a variety of graphic design options. Our graphic designer can create announcements, posters, flyers, brochures, booklets, websites, logos, identity materials, and everything in between. Let us make you look spectacular!
How Do I Get Started?
Every graphic design project is a little different, but our deliverables generally include the following:
- One (1) final design.
- Start-to-finish project management and supervision.
- Coordination with vendors and printers as well as cost estimate procurement (if applicable).
- Electronic delivery of print-ready files (if applicable).
- Up to two (2) minor revisions (see Special Considerations).
- Retention of project source files by OIT for one (1) calendar year.
The following options are available for an additional charge:
- Additional design and style options.
- Additional file formats and size selections.
- Additional revisions.
- Additional finalized designs.
- Delivery of source files.
- Selection, inclusion, and purchase of stock resources (images, textures, etc.) on your behalf.
For most graphic design service requests, OIT charges a reasonable hourly rate. All projects begin with a 30-minute discovery meeting. There is no charge for this meeting. Following this meeting, a project quote will be provided if applicable. If the customer accepts the quote, an approved eRequest is required before any work starts.
Separate eRequests may be necessary for certain charges. These may include—but are not limited to—service charges for printing, delivery fees, setup fees, stock photo purchases, and so forth. Changes to the project's scope of work may necessitate additional or revised eRequests as well.
OIT does not charge for graphic design services used for certain EHE purposes; however, the Web Services Manager must review and approve all such requests before any work begins. In some cases, consultation with senior EHE Leaders may be necessary as well.
This service is available to The Ohio State University community and all active EHE faculty and staff members.
- In the context of this service, a minor revision is a revision request that can be completed in 15 minutes or less. More significant revisions may result in additional charges and/or delays.
- The OIT graphic designer must have all necessary source materials (e.g., body copy, text, images, report data, etc.) before commencing work.
- The delivery time for a project depends on the complexity of the project. Specific delivery times will be discussed during the discovery meeting.
- The customer retains ownership of all resources they purchase to complete a project.
- OIT Web Services reserves the right to reuse a customer's work for advertisement or promotional purposes unless the customer requests otherwise at time of completion.