Student Computer Labs
OIT operates several student computing labs that are sometimes also used as classrooms. These spaces have a large number of computers, with the intent of providing one computer per student in the room. Labs may be purpose built so be sure to check the room listing to find a lab that will suit your needs.
How Do I Get Started?
Check the room schedules posted outside of each computer lab for the current schedule. These vary day to day so be sure to check back frequently. When classes are not in session, staff, faculty, and students are free to use the space.
OIT operates the following student computer labs:
|Room||Mac or PC?||Seats||Special Features/Considerations||Available Software|
|Arps 273||Mac||20||20-inch iMacs with STEM program software.||Software|
|Ramseyer 329||PC||20||Statistical Software on a few workstations (See room chart for specifics.) SMART board also available for use.||Software|
|Ramseyer 260||Mac/PC||10||iMacs||Adobe CS6 Suite|
|4||Dell All-in-Ones||Adobe CS6 Suite|
|4||MS Surface tablets|
- All labs also have a BuckID swipe printer available for use per the current University printing rates.
- Specialized software installation for an academic course (see special considerations for details.)
There is no fee for the use of these rooms.
Student computer labs are available for use by all staff faculty and students of the college. However, if scheduling conflicts arise in Arps 273, priority will be given to STEM related requests.
- If specialized software is needed for a specific course being taught, it will need to be paid for out of departmental funds. OIT can assist in the procurement process. In order for the software to be installed the licenses must be delivered to OIT two weeks before the start of each semester.
- Class schedules vary. Please be sure to check the room schedule posted next to the door before entering.
- Lab guests may be required to swipe in with their BuckID to gain access.
- Internet access requires an Ohio State Username (your lastname.#) and password.
- Food and drink are not permitted in any lab.