Surplus Technology Disposal
OIT will facilitate the disposal of surplus technology for EHE departments. Departments wanting to dispose of surplus technology must submit a complete list of the assets and location prior to the end of each academic period.
How Do I Get Started?
- A representative of OIT will pick up the surplus equipment from a single centralized location within each department.
- OIT will work with equipment coordinators within each department to ensure that the transfer of assets is handled properly and meets all college and university requirements.
There are no optional features with this service
There is no cost to use this service.
This service is available for all college owned technology hardware. The following types of equipment are considered eligible for this service:
- Laptops and desktop computers
- Networking equipment (such as routers and switches)
- Computer related cabling
- Some audio visual equipment (call OIT with specific questions)
Overhead transparency projectors, furniture, microscopes, appliances or any scientific lab equipment.
- Surplus equipment lists must be submitted to the OIT Service Desk two weeks prior to the end of each academic period.
- Surplus equipment lists submitted after the deadline may result in disposal of the equipment in the following academic period.
- All of the equipment in need of disposal should be in one central location for the department. OIT will not go to multiple rooms to gather equipment.