The following resources have been created to assist you in planning both in-person and virtual events.
- Event Resource Guide
- Event Task List and Timeline
- Budget Template
- Event Planning Summary
- Virtual event technical briefing template
In addition, the event team in the Office of Advancement can act as a consultant and give guidance when planning in-person or virtual events. The team can meet with you to provide help with initial strategizing as well as:
- Suggestions for choosing dates/times
- Setting an agenda
- Direction on venues and catering
- Guidance on giveaways
- Technical coaching – determining needs, webinar/video platform features, etc.
- Production planning assistance in the form of a producer’s guide template document
- Pre-roll presentation template
- Assistance with obtaining Zoom webinar license if over 300 registrants (less common)
- Support in setting up Zoom registration system and other administrative features
- Guidance with accessibility concerns
- Walkthrough test prior to event
What you are in control of:
- Creative control of your event/webinar
- Submitting Workday requests for contracts, vendors, etc.
- Scheduling of speakers
- Communications including invitations and marketing
- Securing closed captioning services from an approved vendor¬
- Registration and receiving payment from registrants
- Hosting and moderating the event
- Downloading, hosting, and sharing event recordings
The time from request to consultation is no longer than two weeks.
Request Consultation: email@example.com